Listen to this article
Hair fall is one problem which come knocking at everyone’s door, uninvited, at least once in a lifetime. If not hair fall, there are many issues such as dryness, dandruff or lack of shine, you may be battling with your hair. If you have been relying solely on chemical-laden products to try to reduce hair loss, but in vain, maybe it’s time to go back to your roots! Using curd for hair has been an age-old remedy you may have heard from your mother or grandmother. Not only is it an inexpensive way for hair care, but super effective too. Give some DIY curd hair masks a try and see the difference!
How is curd good for hair
There are multiple benefits of curd for hair. According to a study cited by the National Center for Biotechnology Information), the use of curd to keep hair and scalp healthy, can help you to avoid split ends, keep hair dryness at bay and also to retain your hair’s natural colour and sheen.
DIY curd hair masks
1. Curd and aloe vera mask
This mask can help you moisturize your hair with just three easily available ingredients – a cup of curd, 5-6 teaspoons of aloe vera gel and 2 teaspoons of honey.
* Mix the three ingredients in a bowl
* Now apply it on the hair. Make sure you first apply it on the roots and work your way out to the ends.
* Leave this mask on for approximately 30-40 minutes.
* Wash your hair thoroughly using lukewarm water
A pro tip: For those with dry hair, we suggest you mix a mashed banana to this mix.
2. Olive oil and curd hair mask
If soft hair is what you’re aiming for, this curd hair mask is just right for you. Olive oil is said to be great for hair growth!
The ingredients are as simple as a cup of curd, a tablespoon of olive oil, juice of one lemon, and water!
* Simply mix curd and oil
* In a separate and big bowl, mix lemon juice and water.
* After shampooing your hair, apply a curd-oil hair mask on your lightly wet hair and leave it on for about 20 minutes. After this, wash the hair with plain water. When the mask is removed from the hair, wash your hair again with lemon water.
3. Curd and fenugreek seeds hair mask
When you mix curd and methi seeds, you get a hair mask for dandruff. And all you need are overnight soaked fenugreek seeds and curd.
* Soak some fenugreek seeds or methi seeds overnight
* Grind these seeds in the morning
* Now give them a nice mix with curd
* Use this paste on your scalp as well as hair strands.
* Leave it on for half hour.
* Wash your hair with lukewarm water
4. Sour curd
This sour curd for hair fall can work magic. That’s the only ingredient you need!
* Take some sour curd on your scalp.
* Massage it well for 5 to 10 minutes.
* Keep this hair mask on for at least an hour.
* Use lukewarm water to wash your hair, and see whether gradual use of this mask helps to prevent hair fall.