Everyone deserves a break. But maybe not from fitness! So, if you’re packing your bags for a much-needed vacation, don’t leave behind your vigour for fitness. Well, you don’t have to carry tools to exercise or even hit the gym while you are on a break. Just take out a few minutes to do these quick exercises during vacation. All you need is an open space and the will to stay fit.
Celebrity trainer Anshuka Parwani suggests that even in you’re on a vacation and in a holiday mood, don’t land up being a lazy potato. Eat, drink and party, but also be mindful of the long-term benefits of exercise. You don’t need to do a rigorous regime, but indulging in some quick exercises won’t do you any harm. In fact, it may end up re-energizing you for a happier, healthier day. Are you wondering how to exercise while on vacation?
Well, Anshuka Parwani suggests a holistic routine of six quick exercises which can take care of your well-being without taking too much time or effort.
6 quick exercises that are perfect for a vacation workout
Here’a full body vacation workout, just for you!
1. Stand straight with your arms at your sides and legs together.
2. Slightly bend your knees and then jump.
3. When you jump, make sure to spread your legs to be about shoulder-width apart then stretch your arms out and over your head.
4. Jump back to the position when you started.
5. Do this for one to two minutes.
Spine and shoulder mobility
1. Place your palms on the yoga mat as you keep your body in plank position.
2. Take your right leg near your right palm.
3. Place your right forearm in front and stretch your right hand like you are trying to reach for the stars.
4. Do the same with your left forearm and leg.
5. Repeat it at least 10 times.
1. Stand with your feet a little wider than hip width. Make sure your toes are facing front.
2. Move your hips back while bending at the ankles and knees, and pressing your knees slightly open.
3. Sit into a squat position while keeping your toes and heels on the ground. Keep your chest up and shoulders back.
4. Try to reach parallel, which means you have to keep your knees bent to a 90-degree angle.
5. Press into your heels and then straighten your legs to return to a standing position.
6. Do this at least 10 times.
1. Stand with feet shoulder width and slightly bend your knees.
2. As you bend your knees, descend to a full squat position.
3. Move the body up and off the floor. Keep your legs fully extended. The feet will be just a few inches off the floor.
4. Descend and control your landing. Descend into the squat again for another jump, and upon landing immediately repeat the next jump.
5. Do this at least 10 times.
Check out how to workout on vacation, in this video by Anshuka Parwani!
1. Stand straight while keeping your feet roughly hip-distance apart.
2. Look down at the ground and start reaching your hands toward the floor in front of your feet. Allow your back to bend forward and allow your knees to bend slightly, as needed, in order to enable your hands to reach the ground.
3. Keep your hands on the floor in front of your feet then use your hands to walk forward, one at a time. Allow your heels to lift off the floor as your body begins to straighten.
4. Keep your legs straight and start walking your feet forward, one at a time, till they reach your hands.
5. Return to standing position by slowly rolling your back up from the hips.
6. Do this at least 10 times.
Also read: Don’t know how to keep fit during vacation? These bag workouts are the answer!
1. Try to measure out the appropriate elbow width by keeping opposite hands at the inside base of your upper arms then keep your elbows in this position as you place them down on your mat.
2. Bring your hands together to create a triangle shape with your forearms then interlace your fingers. Open your thumbs and palms.
3. Keep the tips of your little fingers together so that your hands’ bottom has a more stable base.
4. Place the top of your head on the mat inside your hands then lift your hips and straighten your legs.
5. Walk your feet toward your head while bringing your hips right above your shoulders.
6. Bring your knees in toward your chest then hold this position for some time then slowly straighten your legs.
7. Do it for one to two minutes. Parwani advised not to repeat the headstand. According to her, once is good enough.
We do understand that headstands aren’t everyone’s cup of tea! So, the expert suggests a few planks of 30 seconds each instead.
What’s wonderful about Anshuka Parwani’s quick exercise routine for a vacation is that one can do these anywhere and anytime. What’s more? They will help to get the blood circulation going.
According to the trainer, taking out a few minutes for a quick fitness routine will help you in the long run. This way you won’t break the momentum of your workout routine and it also helps you to reduce stress, maintain energy levels and unwind!