Listen to this article
Sitting curled up in a blanket, in front of a fireplace with some roasted marshmallows and a steaming cup of hot chocolate. Doesn’t that sound like a perfect winter evening? Well, we are here to make this dream come true for you with this easy recipe of homemade hot chocolate! With this recipe you can learn how to make hot chocolate at home and have some delicious and warm winter evenings.
Hot chocolate is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. So, stop using those instant hot chocolate packets which taste absolutely horrendous. Why not add in some real ingredients with a chunk of chocolate and some rich cocoa. This will give you an extremely creamy and chocolaty cup of hot chocolate.
This warm beverage is a perfect way to keep the chill away and satiate your sugar cravings once in a while. But if you are someone who is extremely health conscious and would rather not increase their calorie intake, well we’ll still say that make an exception for hot chocolate or try a low-calorie hot chocolate with some ingredients replaced.
You may consider replacing milk with unsweetened almond milk or using dark chocolate which will reduce the sugar content in your hot cocoa and is also good for diabetics as it help in controlling blood sugar levels.
You can always tweak some ingredients to your liking. For now, here is an easy recipe of an authentic hot chocolate.
How to make hot chocolate at home?
* 1 cup milk (whole milk or skimmed milk)
* 1 tbsp cocoa powder
* Sugar to taste
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* Half a bar of chocolate of your choice
* Marshmallows, whipped cream, cinnamon powder, caramel sauce (optional)
1. Take a saucepan and heat some milk in it. If you want your hot chocolate to be thick and creamy use whole milk but if you want it healthier then you can replace it with skimmed milk or almond milk. Heat the milk until it starts to boil.
2. Once the milk has been heated, lower the heat and add the unsweetened cocoa powder and sugar and start whisking them in. Use a whisk or an electric hand blender but make sure there are no lumps.
3. Keep whisking and once mixture starts turning a little thick, add some chocolate pieces and let them melt in the milk. Once the chocolate melts, stir well with a whisk.
4. At this point, you can add the vanilla extract and a pinch of cinnamon powder to enhance the flavour of hot chocolate.
5. Now heat for a minute or two and your hot chocolate is ready! You can garnish it with some marshmallows or chocolate shavings or some caramel sauce.
It is getting extremely chilly out there, so definitely give this recipe of hot chocolate a try as everyone from kids to adults will love this warm beverage in winter!