There is nothing like holiday food! People gather with their loved ones during Christmas to celebrate the big holiday. It’s the season when people decorate their houses, invite guests, prepare delectable buffets, and fully enjoy their evenings. Christmas evenings are usually special, and people strive to make tasty foods at home.
So, here are 5 easy-to-go Christmas recipes that you can try this festive season:
1. Broccoli and cheddar cheese stuffed mini pepper boats
4 miniature sweet pepper
2 tbsp cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped and stir-fried broccoli
½ tsp black pepper
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven. Cut the pepper into half size and remove the seeds.
- Take a small bowl, add cheddar cheese, stir-fried broccoli, black pepper and salt and mix it well.
- Place it on the baking sheet and then let it bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.
2. Blueberry lime juice
2 cups of water
1 cup blueberries
1 medium orange and 1 medium apple
½ cup lime juice
- Add water, blueberries, orange, and apple and blend it and keep it aside. Pour lime juice.
- Serve the juice with ice.
3. Special creamed corn
1 cup boiled corn
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 cup whole milk or almond milk
1 cup assorted vegetables
- In a pan, add boiled corn and milk.
- Add parmesan cheese and assorted vegetables in it.
- Keep on boiling it till it becomes creamy.
- Serve this special creamed corn with some garlic bread as a side dish.
Also read: Christmas 2022: Feeling bloated after a big holiday meal? Here’s what you can do!
4. Caprese salad
2 medium size tomatoes
¼ cup fresh basil leaves
¼ pound cheddar cheese
½ tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of salt
- Arrange the tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and basil on a platter.
- Whisk the vinaigrette Ingredients; drizzle over salad.
- sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the salad and toss it well.
5. Lemon asparagus risotto
5 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1 tbsp chicken broth or vegetable broth
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
tbsp Arborio rice
½ tbsp parmesan cheese
2 tsp lemon juice
½ tbsp lemon zest
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill it with water just below the bottom of the steamer.
- Bring water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Heat chicken broth or vegetable broth in a saucepan over medium heat; keep at a simmer while preparing risotto.
- Stir in garlic and Arborio rice; cook and stir until rice is lightly toasted about 5 more minutes.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
These recipes are absolutely delicious and worth trying. Go gaga over this festive season with these amazing Christmas recipes with your loved ones.