Missing out on happiness? Try these 5 simple ways to raise your serotonin levels

- Advertisement -

If you have wondered how to boost your mood, someone or the other would have told you about serotonin, a neurotransmitter in the brain that is linked to happiness and overall satisfaction. You can eat the foods you love to get that instant happiness, but even making small changes to your everyday life can be the trick. So before we tell you how to increase your serotonin levels for that better mood, you need to know what it is actually.

So, what is serotonin?

According to the National Cancer Institute, it is a neurotransmitter, which means a chemical that is made by nerve cells and aids in communicating with other cells in the body. As per research, the gastrointestinal tract produces about 95 percent of serotonin, while the brain makes the remaining 5 percent. Nonetheless, its claim to fame has been that it makes you feel better and improves your mood. Albeit, that’s not the only health benefit it has.

Little tweaks in life can make you happy! Image courtesy: Shutterstock.

Serotonin is needed for effective motor skills and cognitive functioning and is part of the nerve function that regulates blood pressure, heart rate, and the digestive system. To say the least, it is vital for the body.

Signs your serotonin levels need a boost

If you constantly face mood changes, irritability, trouble sleeping, and loss of appetite, there are high chances that your serotonin levels have dipped and they need to rise again before you feel all happy and energetic.

Health coach Sarvesh Shashi, in an Instagram video, decodes happiness like never before and explores 5 simple hacks to follow if you want to tap into that serotonin easily.

Check out the video here if you are missing out on happiness:

How to boost serotonin levels and stay happy

1. Set your wallpaper to something that makes you happy

Clearly, if you see something that makes you happy, day in and day out, it is likely to better your mood and make sure that the serotonin levels are not seeing a lowdown ever.

Also, read: 3 habits that make the biggest contribution to a happy life

2. Breathe in, breathe out

Take at least 10 satisfying breaths every single day as it can help lessen stress and anxiety apart from telling your nervous system to calm down.

Breathing exercises can make you calm and happy. Image courtesy: Shutterstock

3. Play your favourite song when you wake up every morning

Listening to music you enjoy has high chances of decreasing stress-causing hormone production in the body. As they say, music therapy has the power to make you feel happy.

4. Move your body

Practice yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates or just dance, but keep your heart pumping. Exercising is a natural and effective way to release tension and stress, and enhances well-being.

You’ve gotta move it, move it! Image courtesy: Unsplash

5. Unfollow negative people, both online and offline

There’s nothing worse for your mood than surrounding yourself with negativity during the day. Since we all have power to control our own emotions, there is reason enough to let go of any negative people, both on social media and in real life.

So, dear ladies, if you are now happy and you know it, clap your hand.

World Well being Day: 5 weight-loss workout routines you are able to do in simply 10 minutes on daily basis

Through the pandemic, everybody was exercising and had change into well being acutely aware....

Reveal your finest pores and skin but: Attempt these 5 DIY peel-off masks for various pores and skin issues

Are you uninterested in spending a fortune on skincare merchandise that promise to unravel...

From vitamin C to protein: 6 important vitamins so as to add in your summer season weight-reduction plan

Summer time summer season, I’m glad you’re right here! Summer time summer season, let’s...


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here