Listen to this article
We all enjoy using homemade face masks to pamper our skin, don’t we? After all, they can impart a natural glow to your skin, which is why it’s advised to rely on natural methods rather than treatments made of chemicals. So, we’re introducing you to the one substance that will give you bright skin. What is it? It is a beetroot face mask. Beetroot is loaded with nutrients and is highly beneficial for the skin.
It serves as a superb ingredient for maintaining the elasticity and the youth of your skin. You can avoid using chemical-based products by using beetroot-based beauty techniques, which also offer long-lasting skin advantages. If you’re looking for anything to give you an instant glow, look no further because we’ve got 5 simple DIY beetroot face mask recipes for you.
Benefits of beetroot for skin
Beetroot or chukandar have excellent ingredients for skin and hair health. To find all the skin benefits of beetroot, Health Shots got in touch with Dr Rinky Kapoor, Consultant Dermatologist, Cosmetic Dermatologist, and Dermato-Surgeon, The Esthetic Clinics.
Dr Kapoor says, “The simple-looking veggie is rich in vitamin C, fiber, iron, carotenoids, potassium, vitamin B9 (folate), manganese, electrolytes, and other essential nutrients. Beetroot (beetroot serum) contains ingredients like lycopene that improve skin elasticity and prevents the skin from sagging and anti-inflammatory betalain.”
Here are all the benefits of beetroot for the skin:
- It boosts collagen production
- It is anti-inflammatory and boosts the skin’s appearance
- Keeps the skin hydrated
- Reduces dark circles
- Evens out the skin tone and keeps it supple
- Minimises dark spots and brightens the skin
- Reduces acne and blemishes
- Removes fine lines and wrinkles
- Gives shine and strength to the hair
- Exfoliates the lips and gives them a gorgeous pink tint.
Beetroot is very easy to use on the skin and can be safely used daily.
Here are 5 quick DIY beetroot face masks for glowing skin:
1. Beetroot and carrot face mask
This pack will calm the skin and give you a rosy glow in a few weeks.
- Take beetroot juice and carrot juice in equal quantities.
- Mix and freeze in small ice cubes.
- Every morning, rub an ice cube on the skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water and apply a gentle moisturizer afterward.
2. Beetroot and curd face mask
This pack hydrates the skin and keeps it smooth.
- Take one grated beetroot and mix it with two spoons of curd and a few drops of almond oil.
- Apply this mixture on the face and neck and massage well.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes before washing with water.
Also read: Try this orange DIY ice cube for glowing skin
3. Beetroot and cream face mask
One of the main reasons for dull skin is tanning. To get rid of skin tan, use this face pack.
- All you need to do is mix 1 tablespoon of fresh beetroot juice with 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Apply on the tanned skin and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water. Use this pack twice a week.
4. Beetroot and yogurt face mask
This face mask will make your skin smooth (DIY face mask for smooth skin) and plump.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of beetroot juice with three tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply to the face and neck and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water and your skin is party ready in no time.
5. Beetroot and orange peel face mask
To add an instant and natural glow to your face, try this face mask.
- Blend 2 teaspoons of orange peel powder and 1 teaspoon of beetroot juice.
- Apply this thick paste on your face and neck and leave it till it is dry.
- Wash with cold water and use this wash every alternate day.
Word of caution: Beetroot is a very skin-friendly vegetable. But it is advised that you do a patch test before using it on the skin. Also, if you have a chronic skin condition then please consult your dermatologist first before using beetroot on the skin and hair.