Listen to this article
A double chin is the unsightly buildup of fat under the chin that forms a layer. As we age, the muscles under the chin and neck area become loose, and the skin on top starts to sag, thus creating an illusion of a double chin. This layer of fat sits directly beneath the chin and gives the appearance of a second chin, known as the double chin. One of the factors that contribute to the development of a double chin is genetics or hereditary factors. If you have a double chin, look through your family tree to see if anyone on your parent’s side of the family has one. Once you know, it is time to concentrate on how to get rid of the double chin.
Exercises to get rid of double chin
Just like you exercise the muscles of your body, you can work on the facial muscles. You will not only get rid of your double chin but also have a more sculpted jawline, here are some exercises you can try:
1. Invert Tongue
This is a great overall exercise for jaw toning and double chin reduction.
- Roll your tongue and touch it to the roof of your mouth
- Now, look up to the ceiling and hold.
- Hold to the count of 20.
- Repeat it three times for the best results.
2. Jowl Shaper (HOB Signature)
This exercise is an extension of the double chin punch, it focuses on firming jowls, loose skin under the chin, tightening your neck, and giving definition to your jaw.
- In this exercise, place one elbow on the base of your other hand and make a fist and place it under your jaw.
- Now while applying equal and opposite pressure, move your lower jaw up and down.
- Perform this up-and-down jaw movement to the count of 20.
Tilt your neck backwards and start to look towards the ceiling while still pushing with the opposite pressure of your fist.
3. Air Kisses
A super powerful, great exercise for burning that jawline fat also gives your client a beautiful pout.
- Start this exercise by pouting your lips 70 per cent.
- Tilting your head and looking upwards at the ceiling, you can close your eyes for this exercise.
- Imagine your lover’s face on the ceiling and start to air kiss or blow out air towards the ceiling to the count of 20.
- Try pouting and reaching your lips as high up in the air as possible, the higher you strive the better the burn.
- You could do 3 repetitions of 20 of this exercise.
Also Read: Reduce face fat quickly with these 5 simple facial exercises
Does face yoga really work? Is there evidence?
Face yoga is a lifestyle change, it’s the amalgamation of facial cardio, facial stretching, and face yoga poses followed by a systematic breath workout to cool down these facial muscles. Personally, I must have helped over 30,000+ faces change naturally, non-invasive with a short 5-minute home routine.